the-craft-inspired-make-up-look

The Craft has been one of those films which I become immediately captivated with, from the intriguing and thrilling story line to the "witchy/coven" aesthetic. One character in particular whose style I love is Nancy Downs. There is just something about her slightly paranoia personality that you are instantly drawn to and her iconic make-up and style has been the inspiration behind todays blog post. The make-up look I have created is by no means an exactly replica of Nancy's, but in fact my interoperation taking notes from key elements of the look-smoky eyes and dark lips, to form something that suits my personal style.
the-craft-inspired-make-up-look
Nancy Downs eye make-up is based on a very dark smokey eye-using black eyeshadow as I wanted to make this more of a 'wearable' look I took it down a shade by opting for browns and taupes. I first begin by applying the lightest shade from the palette all over the lid, as a base colour and to block out an uneven skin tones along my lid. I then began to apply the taupe brown shade all of my lid and begin to intensify the colour along the crease. To define the eye further I take the darkest brown colour (which also doubles up as a brow powder) and apply it my crease blending it slightly out towards the outer corner of my eye. I also added a light dusting of the "Champagne Pink" shade by adding it to the centre of my eye and blending the colour outwards, for a subtle hint of shimmer. 

As I wanted to keep the lips as the statement look for the make-up I skipped eyeliner (which coming from an eyeliner addict was a strange step to take) and went in with lashings of mascara. 
the-craft-inspired-make-up-look
the-craft-inspired-make-up-look
the-craft-inspired-make-up-look
Now onto the lips, for this berry inspired colour I used two products to create this. I first lined my lips with the KIKO Lipliner in "515" which is becoming a new favourite lipliner of mine due to its intense pigmentation and striking deep berry colour, as well as how its incredibly smooth to apply. I then added the Max Factor Lipfinity in "17 Always Elegant" to the centre of my lips for subtle ombre effect, which again is an amazing lip product that is extremely pigmented and easy to apply. 
So there you have it my take on one of my favourite characters make-up look.
the-craft-inspired-make-up-look

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, If you have any other questions about this post tweet me @stylepeaches

All content and images noted ©stylepeaches 2011-2015 unless noted otherwise. Powered by Blogger.