Grunge-Everyday-Make-Up
Grunge-Everyday-Make-Up
Products used: Vichy DermaBlend Corrective Foundation in "Opal" (link) | Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in "Shade 1" (link)| Mac Matte Powder Blush in "Prism" (link)* | Rimmel London Exaggerate Waterproof Liquid Liner in "Black" (link) | Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Palette (link) | Max Factor Masterpiece Transform Mascara* (link) | Mac Lipliner in "Cork" (link) | Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in "001 Nude Attitude" (link)
Grunge-Everyday-Make-Up-tutorial

Recently I have been taking inspiration from 90s make-up looks by incorporating key elements into my everyday make-up routine, such as the trade mark brown lips and the slightly smoky eyes. With that in mind I thought I would share with you what I use/do to create it, as this is 'look' is probably worn in 99% of my recent outfit posts.

A couple of key products that I use include the Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Palette (link) and the Mac Lipliner in "Cork" (link). Once I have applied my base make-up I go straight onto the eyes using the shade "Stark" on my base,  a mixture of "Frisk", "Cover" and "Primal" for my crease by layering the lightest shades first and then blending in a small amount of "Primal" (2nd from darkest shade from the palette). Finishing the eyeshadow with the highlight shade "Skimp", by blending it along the brow bone and from the tear duct inwards towards the lid.  
No eye make-up look of mine would be complete without some form of black eyeliner and mascara-I fell 'bare' without them!

Onto the lips...To create that 90s brown lip I use two products-a brown lipliner and a nude/beige matte lipstick. As a recent lipliner convert, I use Mac "Cork" to line and fill in the whole of my lips blotting each layer of lipliner with a tissue to ensure maximum staying power and colour opacity. A recent trick/tip I discovered is by adding a slightly lighter shade of lipstick (Revlon "Nude Attitude") to the centre of lips, adds a subtle highlight to the look.
So there you have a couple of ways to add a 90s/grunge 'touch' to your everyday make-up look.
Grunge-Everyday-Make-Up-mac-cork-lipliner

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, If you have any other questions about this post tweet me @stylepeaches

All content and images noted ©stylepeaches 2011-2015 unless noted otherwise. Powered by Blogger.